Monday, August 3, 2009

Making a salad bar

Finally a not so hot Saturday. We ended up spending the day in the garden. Planting more seeds and moving around some herbs and flowers. Remember our Herb garden? Since we harvested a lot of the herbs already (while the rest we moved to a container plant) we decided to create a salad bar. We planted spinach, carrots, beets, radishes, and lettuce. I know I know, it's August 1st, and why would I do this. Well, I don't know what I should plant or not because of the seasons since where we live we don't get more then two seasons here (Yay Southern California!). So we'll see how this goes.

We did something different too, since we wanted to make sure some these crops get enough moisture, we took a few six packs (no not the beer kind), cut them up and placed them in the ground. This way it can catch water and take the water to the roots too! This could be an ingenius idea for doing this but I will wait to see how everything grows before I mark this as a victory for thinking outta the box. :)



In our salad bar garden, we have carrots, beets, radishes, lettuce, and spinach. Can't wait till next weekend and hope we'll start seeing some sprouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment